Monday, September 21, 2009

2 Year Appointment

Today we took Crawford to his 2 year Checkup! Little did we know we would wait an hour in the lobby before we saw our doctor. There was a very sick child she was seeing who had to be rushed to the hospital so we completely understand! However…….I can control him for only a short time before he wants to run wild! I didn’t want him touching anything in that waiting room!!! I sanitized his hands at least 5 times! I am sure the other patients waiting thought I was obsessed but I was just paranoid he was going to get sick! He kept playing on these little tables they have for the Kids. All the kids in the room had been playing on them and they all looked sick!!! Of course they were trying to touch Crawford and I was having to politely tell them not too! Finally I told Crawford the table was Hot. I whispered it in his ear so know one would hear me thinking that it would keep him away from the germ infested tables. He ran over to the table and yelled as loud as he could while hitting the table! “Hot Mama Hot” Needless to say I could not get him away! He is way smarter than I think! After 1 hour of waiting we got to see our favorite doctor, Dr. Erikson! She is so sweet and even though I was a little frazzled from sitting so long in the waiting room, being able to see her and hear all that she has to say makes it all better! Crawford Checked out perfect but that was no surprise to us because we think he is perfect!

Weight 27 lbs 40 percentile

Head 19 1/2 inches 70 percentile

Length 35 Inches 70 percentile

Crawford keeps us laughing with all the funny things he says and does these days! He is talking so much. I was worried he would never talk (what was I thinking?) Now we can’t get a word in! No has become a word we don’t like because he uses it way to much. No Mama, No Dada he even tells night night (his blanket) no when he gets mad that it’s on him. Were having so much fun! Things can be trying at times, like tonight when I gave him cheerios as a snack before dinner and he didn’t want them, so he threw them on the floor (all of them), I tried and tried to reason with him to pick them up but nothing would work…..I finally gave in after 30 mins of getting no where! I promise not to give in next time. I gave him the sympathy card this one time because he does have 4 teeth coming in and he did have to get a shot. That would be enough to make me not feel like picking up cheerios either. He is a picky eater these days and we are working on getting him to try new things but when you have a dad as picky as he does, it’s hard!!!

Crawford loves to play with trucks, balls, trains, anything outside, puzzles, and books! He loves animals! He is learning so much these days it’s really hard to keep up! He surprises us daily with what he knows! He is learning his shapes, colors and alphabet! He loves to put puzzles together and loves his shape ball. We are enjoying watching him learn so much. It just amazing to watch them grow from a baby to a toddler and so on! It’s great to see them growing and getting older but the time sure does go by fast these days! Sometimes I would just like to freeze in time for a few days and enjoy our precious baby who will be a teenager before we know it!!

See below for how our baby boy has grown over the last 2 years!

9-14-07

IMG_1212 Birthday Poster

Happy 2nd Birthday!DSC_0160

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...