Sunday, August 17, 2008

11 Months Old

I can hardly believe our little baby is going to be 1 in less than a month! As Jacob always says, "He is going to be a toddler soon". It seems like yesterday I was at the miserable stage of my pregnancy and could not wait for him to come into the world. We were so excited but we had no idea how great this little one would be and how he would instantly change our life forever! He brings so much joy to ours and many others life. There is no better feeling than to have him standing in his crib reaching for us every morning and falling asleep in our arms at night. I can give him the most serious look after he has dropped his sippy cup on the floor for the 20th time and he just looks right up at me with a simple smile and I melt! He smiles at everyone. Today we were walking into church. Crawford was smiling at a lady that was on the other side of the parking lot. We had no idea who she was but she told us it made her day!

An Update on Crawford's Ears! We went to see Dr. Alsup last Monday! When we first got there Crawford instantly reached for Dr. Alsup to hold him. It was so sweet, he doesn't just reach out for anyone! Crawford must know how much Dr. Alsup has helped him! I think it was his way of saying Thanks! Once Dr. Alsup looked at his ears he told us he still had infection. I just wanted to cry! This meant Crawford's ear infection had lasted well over 6 weeks! Our next step was to have the fluid literally sucked out. This was fun! Dr. Alsup assured me that it was not painful. It just scares the kids. Crawford was screaming and kicking, it was 10 times worse than getting shots. I am not sure how I held it together but by this point I really wanted to cry! We put drops in his ears all week and when we went to see Dr. Alsup on Friday his ears were 90% clear and he thought by Sunday they would be 100%. Thank Goodness! I am keeping my fingers crossed they will stay clear!!

Friday we went out to dinner with my mom for her Birthday! We had a great time! Happy Birthday Mimi! I think Crawford thought it was his birthday. He went to town on the birthday cake. It was so cute. I figure it's practice for his birthday. I scraped most of the icing off b/c I didn't want him to stay up all night. I need rest! :-)

Below are some pictures from this weekend!

We went to Grammy and Papa's house for a cookout on Saturday. Crawford played with his yellow truck. He loves to take the blocks in and out.



These are a few pictures before the cookout
Crawford playing with his leapfrog table.
Crawford admiring his chair
Crawford Waving to Mommy
We went to the pool with some of our friends on Saturday. We had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer. The boys played golf while the girls went to the pool. I even got to go get my hair cut while the girls watch Crawford!


Friday Night
Mimi and Crawford on Mimi's Birthday!
Crawford giving mimi Birthday Cake
Give me Cake

8-14
Crawford 11 Months Old
Sitting in his chair
Reading Mommy's magazine

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I can honestly say that he looks completely different than he did July 4th!! His eyes are beautiful! I am sorry about his ears! We had tubes put in on Wednesday and I think he has another ear infection :( I am going to try and go to the doctor tomorrow. I thought the tubes were supposed to help!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...