Monday, January 17, 2011

Great Book about defeating Mommy Stress

Let's face it...being a mommy is the most joyous job but it comes with stress! I love my new job as a stay at home more than anything in the world but I am the first to admit at times is just stressful!

I have been reading the book " The Bathtub is overflowing but I feel drained" How to defeat Mommy Stress! by Lysa Terkeurst! ( I highly recommend it)

1st...I must say...I have been reading it when I have time...those of you with children know that time is hard to come by!

The first quote in the book is "The world is full of women blindsided by the unceasing demands of motherhood, still flabbergasted by how a job can be terrific and torturous"! ~Anna Quindlen

Being a Mother is Hard, being a working mom is hard and being a stay at mom home is hard! Coming from doing both, I think they are just as equally as hard....just completely different obstacles! Being a Mom is the hardest job their is but still the most rewarding!

It's stressful to know you are shaping your children's life, their future, their goals, personality, morals, values and so much more, and even scary as Lysa says you are also shaping generations...your grandchildren, great grandchildren and others you will never meet by instilling in your child what he will pass down to his children and so forth!

It's a huge responsibility and when I sit down and think about it makes me nervous! They say your child's personality forms in first 3 Years! Wow! That's quick!

At any rate...I highly recommend this book!
The Bathtub Is Overflowing but I Feel Drained: How to Defeat Mommy Stress

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...